Price: €450 (1 to 7 people) + €25 per person for optional Danube River Cruise or guided tour of Melk Abbey
Duration: Approximately 5 hours
When: See times below
When: All year on request
Meeting point: Your hotel
Discover the most stunning section of the Danube Valley on this half day Wachau valley trip with optional Danube River cruise or Malke Abbey tour from Vienna. The Wachau Valley is stepped in history and culture, and offers beautiful countryside scenery and is arguably Europe`s best wine producing region. After a short drive from Vienna you will arrive in the town of Melk to take a quick photo of the famous Benedictine Monastery (Stift Melk), followed by a fifty minute scenic boat cruise along the river Danube from Melk to Spitz. On board, your guide will share many interesting stories about the region as you pass by small villages, fruit orchards, vineyards and Fortresses and Palaces. On board you will also have time for a bite to eat, a glass of local wine or a cup of coffee. After arrival in Spitz, you'll then drive through small villages before arriving at the UNESCO town of Dürnstein. Dürnstein is arguably the most scenic town in the Wachau and offers impressive views of the Danube and surrounding vineyards. You'll have free time to hike the ruined castle where Richard was imprisoned in 1192, shop or discover the village at your own pace.
Wachau Valley Tour Highlights
- Half day trip in luxury Mercedes vehicle
- Enjoy a 1 hour scenic boat cruise along the majestic river Danube ( from May 1 to Oct 4) or a guided tour or Melk Abbey
- Free time to explore Dürnstein
- Photo stop at Melk Abbey
- Local driver/guide with fluent english
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by luxury Mercedes vehicle
- Accompaniment by expert driver
- One hour Danube boat cruise ( from May 1 to Oct 4) or guided tour of Melk Abbey
- Gratuities for your driver and guide are not included but welcomed
- Food and drinks
- Tour only: Flexible
- Including Danube River Cruise: 9:30 & 3:00pm (May to Oct 3 only)
- Including Melk Abbey Tour: 9;30am and 1:30pm (1:30pm April to Oct only)
Terms & Additional Info
- Tour operates in all weather conditions; we take no responsibility for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Booking Terms and Cancellation. We offer 80% refund on all private tours if the reservation is cancelled more than 14 days before the scheduled tour. We do not offer refunds for any reason once we are within 14 days of the scheduled tour.
Our private tours are available in English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Italian. Upon request we'll happily arrange your tour in Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic and Hebrew (at a surcharge).