Price: €779 per tour (1 to 7 pax)
Duration: Approximately 11 hours
When: All year on request
Meeting point: Your hotel
On arrival, you will be met by your local guide and taken on a 2 hour walking tour of the old city starting at the beautiful Mirabell Gardens and Palace, immortalized in the iconic film ‘The Sound of Music’. As you cross the river Salzach, spectacular panoramic view of the city with its splendid hilltop fortress await you in Getreidegasse, Salzburg’s oldest shopping lane. With its historic wrought iron store signs, you will be brought back in time to 1756, as you visit the house in which Mozart was born. You’ll get to admire the old market square, the Cathedral, and St Peter’s Abbey with its picturesque graveyard, surrounded by the rocks of the castle hill. After the tour, you will have ample free time for lunch and to explore the city at your own leisure. Chocolate lovers can visit the Mirabell chocolate factory, famous for producing hand-made Mozartkugeln, a delicious mix of dark chocolate, praline and marzipan. A great gift for friends and relatives. The return journey will take you through Austria’s breathtaking salzkammergut (the Lake District), where the opening scene to ‘The Sound of Music’ was filmed.
- Day trip to Salzburg from Vienna
- Enjoy a guided walking tour through Salzburg’s Old Town including St. Peter’s Abbey, the Cathedral, Mozart’s birthplace, Getreidegasse, the gardens of Mirabell Palace and other sites from “The Sound of Music”, and many more
- Enjoy a short scenic drive from Vienna to Salzburg and back.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport in a luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicle
- 2 hour walking tour of Salzburg with local guide
- Gratuities for your driver and guide are not included but welcomed
- Food and drinks
Terms & Additional Info
- Tour operates in all weather conditions; we take no responsibility for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Booking Terms and Cancellation. We offer 80% refund on all private tours if the reservation is cancelled more than 14 days before the scheduled tour. We do not offer refunds for any reason once we are within 14 days of the scheduled tour.
Our private tours are available in English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Italian.
Upon request we’ll happily arrange your tour in Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic and Hebrew (at a surcharge).