Price: €550 per tour (1 to 7 people)
Duration: Approximately 5 hours
When: All year on request
Meeting point: Your hotel
Enjoy a half day trip day trip to Bratislava From Vienna. Located along the banks of the Danube River, Bratislava is just 65 km from Vienna, and is the perfect tour for those looking to visit a former communist capital in half a day.
Our English speaking driver will pick you up from your Vienna hotel. and in under one hour you arrive in Bratislava. Upon arrival, you will meet your local guide for a 2 hour guided tour covering the city’s most iconic sights. The tour starts with a drive along the banks of the blue Danube, taking you past the Novy Most Bridge, one of the city’s most distinctive features that looks like a UFO. Next, you will pass by the Slovak Parliament, located on the hillside close to Bratislava Castle, which is reached in just a short ride through the city’s romantic, cobbled streets. After a stop at Bratislava castle, we will show you the WWII defensive bunker. Bunker BS-8 is an amazing place, and despite its two large anti-tank cannons and machine-gun turrets it is virtually invisible until you are right on top of it - which, of course, was the idea. This was part of a line of concealed defences designed to halt an armoured advance into 1930s Czechoslovakia.
Your tour ends with a lovely walk through Bratislava’s old town. Your guide will show you the main sights including Michael’s Gate, the Slovak national theatre, the Academia Istropolitana, the old Town Hall and of course the cathedral of St. Martin. You also see the baroque Palffy Palace, where Mozart performed at the age of six, as well as the de Pauli’s palace. Franz Liszt gave his break-through concert there when he was only nine years old.
After your tour you will have ample time in the old town for lunch before the short drive back to Vienna.
- Tour of WWII defensive bunker
- Enjoy a guided tour through Bratislava`s hidden back streets with a local guide Bratislava castle
- Half-day trip from to Bratislava from Vienna
- Enjoy a guided walking tour through Bratislava's Old Town including Michael`s Gate, Slovak National theatre, Town Hall, Palffy and de Pauli Palaces, and more...
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport in a luxury Mercedes-Benz vehicle
- 2 hour tour of Bratislava with local guide
- Gratuities for your driver and guide are not included but welcomed
- Food and drinks
Terms & Additional Info
- Tour operates in all weather conditions; we take no responsibility for
unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Booking Terms and Cancellation. We offer 80% refund on all private tours if the reservation is cancelled more than 14 days before the scheduled tour. We do not offer refunds for any reason once we are within 14 days of the scheduled tour.
Our private tours are available in English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Italian.
Upon request we'll happily arrange your tour in Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic and Hebrew (at a surcharge).