Price: from €114 per person
Duration: 8.5 hours
When: All year on request
Meeting point: Your hotel
The Wachau Riesling and Gruner Veltliner is a feature of the tour and your guide will introduce you to some of the best wine in the region. Apart from wine, the Wachau Valley offers stunning country side scenery, and with 11 years experience, touring the Wachau Valley, we pride ourselves on showing you the Wachau like no other tour operator can. You'll get off the beaten path and be driven along farmer backroads and taken to the best viewpoints in the region, for that perfect panoramic photo. Visit a local Heuriger (a traditional Austrian wine tavern) for lunch or a glass of wine, or dine at one of the many local restaurants offering local and seasonal cuisine, spend time exploring the magical town of Dürnstein (where Richard the lionheart was imprisoned in 1192), stop in Spitz to taste organic wine and cheese, and visit a boutique store to taste locally made Schnapps, Liqueur, Jam, Mustard and Chutney, There is also the option to take a scenic boat ride along the majestic River Danube or visit the Baroque masterpiece - Melk Abbey. All our tours are fully flexible and can be customized based on your special requests.
- Fully day trip in luxury Mercedes vehicle
- *Organic cheese tasting
- Free time to explore Dürnstein at your own pace
- Scenic Danube river boat cruise(May 1 to Oct 2)
- Visit 2 wineries in Spitz and Dürnstein
- Sample local specialties such as schnapps and liqueur.
- Fantastic lunch options with (optional) wine tasting
*Organic cheese tasting only available from May to August.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by luxury Mercedes vehicle
- Accompaniment by expert driver
- One hour Danube boat cruise(May 1 to Oct 2)
- Gratuities for your driver and guide are not included but welcomed
- Food and drinks
Terms & Additional Info
- Tour operates in all weather conditions; we take no responsibility for
unforeseen delays or accidents.
- From October 3 to May 1 a guided tour of Melk Abbey is included in place of the Danube river cruise.
- Booking Terms and Cancellation. We offer 80% refund on all private tours if the reservation is cancelled more than 14 days before the scheduled tour. We do not offer refunds for any reason once we are within 14 days of the scheduled tour.
Our private tours are available in English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Italian.
Upon request we'll happily arrange your tour in Russian, Chinese, Japanese,Arabic and Hebrew (at a surcharge).