Price*: €35 Adults
Duration: Approximately 10 hours
Meeting time: 9:00am
When: May 3rd
*Conditions: Prices include local taxes. Students up to 26 years and must show a valid Student ID card. Children up to 12 years.
Spend a fun day sampling wine at over 100 wineries in one of Austria’s most scenic wine regions.
The Wachau Wine Spring festival is one of Austria’s premier wine events, attracting over 40,000 people each year. With more than 100 wineries opening their cellar doors offering visitors the opportunity to taste and purchase some of Austria’s best wines and Schnapps.
Your guide will be on hand to introduce you to some Austria`s best wines and wine producers, including, Josef Jamek, F.X Pichler, Emmerich Knoll, Leo Alzinger just to name a few. Top varietals grown in the region, include, Riesling, Yellow Muscat. Pinot, auvignon Blanc and Austria's primary varietal, Gruner Veltleiner.
Other than wine tasting, you will also have plenty of time to explore the quaint villages at your own pace throughout the day, sample locally produced liqueurs, schnapps and chocolate.
Lunch will be served at a small local wine tavern, with a beautiful garden setting, opposite the river Danube, for your chance to feast on a traditional Heurige plate.
- Sample world class wines at over 100 wineries
- Wine tour guide for duration of tour
- Free time to explore quaint towns at your own pace
- Traditional wine tavern lunch at a family run winery
Tour Meeting Point
Spittelau train station. We meet at the bus parking - (Josef-Holaubek-Platz 1 - 1090 Wien)
- Transport by coach
- All wine tastings
- Local guide for tour duration
- Lunch at local winery
- Gratuities for your guide are appreciated
Terms & Additional Info
- Book early! This tour sells out quickly.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions; we take no responsibility for unforeseen delays or accidents.
- Booking Terms and Cancellation
Programs cancelled within 3 days of travel date incur 100% cancellation penalty whereas no refunds for any reasons are refunded. No show or non-participation on tour/program is considered non-refundable for any reason
- Enjoy a mixed plate of different cheeses, cold meat cuts, egg, gurken, pepperoni, traditional spreads, served with fresh (Wachauer)rolls and black bread.
- Lunch: € 8.50 per person
What to Bring
- Camera (don’t forget to charge your battery!)
- Dress casually and wear comfortable shoes for a relaxed day wine tasting